Every Rose Has it's Thorn.

Every rose has it's thorn and as do I.
I notice, and I am bewildered.
Not by that which I notice,
but what others do not.

I am Ophira, and, as you have hopefully figured out, this is my blog. Now, be patient for I am in fact, not considered perfect and I may have an error here or there. I hope you can move past this, but tell me if you must. I will rant about what should be ranted about, and I will rave about things that should be as well. I may or may not write a few movie reviews, but it all depends.

With much love,
Ophira Reice

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pop the pig and Busy Town

I will talk about The kid's show Busy Town, the show and the computer game i played from kindergarten to sixth grade, and this really wierd "game" called Pop the Pig. 


Pop the Pig and Busy Town
             This morning I was watching those really bad Saturday cartoons with my sister and realized that what we're giving kids and showing them, is a little wrong.  First, Busy Town.  This show has been around for EVER.  I remember when I was a kid in the computer lab at my elementary and when we had "free days" where we could play any game we want.  One of them was Busy Town, and you could help the doctor and fix patients and give them medicine, yes, nine year old are learning ho to administer drugs.  You gave the elephant shots, suffocated them by wrapping gauze around his trunk and covering his (or hers, I'm not sure nor am I willing to find out) ears and "feet" and "hands" because the makers of it didn't want to confuse us by calling them hooves.  All of that because he fell off of a swing.  The only reason we were allowed to play that game is because it was "educational."  So that way next time you fall off of a swing, you know that you should give yourself a shot of drugs, eat some pills, put Band-Aids all over your face, ears, hands and feet then wrap your nose in gauze, just in case.  It always seemed that there was only one patient in the doctor's office, and that was the elephant and he always claimed he fell off of another swing, but there are only so many swings to fall off of in Busy Town.  I think that it was because he was addicted to the two different pain killers i had to give him every fifteen seconds.  There was another mini game where you had to help build a house and I remember that when you were clicking on the barely there roof to hammer on the shingles that if you clicked too fast, then the neckless cat could hammer his thumb and cry so I would always click REALLY fast and laugh when he cried. 
           So the show itself isn't much different, but they make it sound interesting by calling it "Busy Town Mysteries"  The main character is a cat and his sister.  They have no necks therefore they should be REALLY fat cats, but they aren't  They just have no necks!  They also have ears that look like they are ribbed or something.  It's creepy.  Then they have two friends that are pigs and twins.  I believe they capture the true essence of sibling rivalry because a majority of what they say is "it's my turn!"  "no! it's my turn!" and so on and so forth.
           In the show, all of these critters drive cars that are mainly food.  The cats are the only one's that drive an actual car (they are also little kids).  The pigs drive a sausage.  Yes, a sausage.  I believe that this is because all of the pigs that spread the swine flu (despite the actual relation from pigs to swine flu) were made into food, however, they could not be eaten because the virus is still there so they made it a car so it can kill the ozone layer instead, because we don't need that.  The reason as to why pigs are driving it is beyond me. 
          So there I was, laying on the couch with no choice other than watching my sister's stupid shows thinking that this could not get any worse.  Then, I was wrong.  Those wonderful things that everyone loves, commercials.  the first one that came on was for a kids game.  It's a plastic pig with a chefs hat and coat on and his mouth is open and his tongue sticking out waiting for food but catching instead dust and flies.  Moving on, the objective of the game is to get him fat.  there are these little hamburgers you shove into his too big mouth and then you hit his hat, because that's how pigs digest things.  Then, his belly gets bigger.  Then next person goes, the belly gets bigger still until eventually the belly gets so big that his coat does fit anymore and then it goes BOING and the little buckle on his coat comes off and his coat flies open.  What have we learned?  When you get fat, your clothes don't fit and if a pig is wearing a hat, give him a hamburger (because he was mad at his best friend the cow and is now eating him) and push the hat and he will immediately digest it and get fat.  Whatever happened to games like Monopoly and Battle Ship that taught you how to manage money and how to pretend like your not cheating.  Oh right, getting fat is easier to do because there is a McDonald's on literally every block. 

No comments:

Post a Comment